Simpo Platform Overview
In order to build/view Simpo content, Simpo must be installed by either:
- Simpo Chrome Extension - useful for trialing Simpo or to use Simpo on a 3rd party product
Simpo Admin Dashboard
The Simpo Admin Dashboard is the homepage of all Simpo Customers. The dashboard allows the customer to gain access to all Simpo Tools as well as the ability to make setting changes, time frame changes, and quickly see the usage of Simpo by their end-users.
The Admin Dashboard automatically shows 6 Basic Metrics results within the standard setting of “Last 30 days”. The customer can change time frames to: Today, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, Last 90 Days, All-time, Custom Range.
- Searches → Displays the number of searches from end-users over the given time frame
- Users are using Simpo → is a simple calculation of how many of the customer’s end users are interacting with Simpo
- Average Search Duration → the average duration in which an end-user uses the Simpo Search Bar
- Searches Without Choice → the percentage of end-users who clicked on the Simpo Search Bar, but then didn’t type or click on any of the Simpo Tools
- Returning Users → Based on the end uses who have interacted with Simpo, this shows the percentage of users who returned to get help from Simpo
- Ticket Ratio → Percentage based on the total number of end-users and how many of them have created or submitted tickets
The Live Stream gives the Customer the ability to quickly see what is currently happening on Simpo and what users are actively doing via the Search Bar.
All of Simpo's tools can be accessed from the Navigation Bar.
The Search Bar is the main driver of how an end-user navigates through Simpo and gain access to the different Simpo Tools. From the Search Bar Category, the customer is able to view Analytics, Search Results, Suggestions, and Design.
- Analytics → This gives the customer a high-level view of how end users are interacting with Simpo
- Search Results → This gives the customer the level of all of the Simpo Tools highlighted within the Search Bar, and the ability to create other search options via the “New Custom Result” button
- Suggestions → Give the Customer the ability to create “new” suggestions within the Search Bar. This is best used in order to drive user behavior on Search and how they are finding information.
- Design → The customer has the ability to change the look and feel of the Search Bar to match company icons or coloring
Read more about the Search Bar.
Announcements are one of the most common Simpo Tools that Customers use when setting up Simpo. Announcements are a fantastic way for Customers to make new product features known to users or other time-dependent information.
From the Announcement Area, the Customer can manage, create new, and edit all existing announcements.
Read more about Announcements.
The NPS Simpo Tool gives the Customer the ability to capture NPS feedback from its end-users. The NPS Tool has flexibility in how it behaves, and this can be controlled when creating a NPS. For background on Net Promoter Score, the score is best on a scale of 0 - 10, and is graded as seen below:
Calculate your NPS using the answer to a key question, using a 0-10 scale: How likely is it that you would recommend [brand] to a friend or colleague?
Promoters (score 9-10) are loyal enthusiasts who will keep buying and referring others, fueling growth.
Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings.
Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth.
Read more about NPS.
The Survey tool allows you to start creating surveys for understanding your end-users and capturing real-time feedback. This new feature was built in our continued pursuit to empower our customers, make you shine, and to help you achieve your business objectives. With the Survey Tool, you are able to create long and short-form questions, rating questions, multiple-choice questions, and NPS.
All of the Survey responses completed by your end-users will be captured in Simpo so that you can easily and quickly track trends over time and gather actionable insights.
Read more about Surveys.
Walkthroughs are potentially the most powerful tool that Customers use to drive digital adoption, improve user experience, and help educate/build self-sufficient users.
Prior to making a Walkthrough, the Customer should review the Global Walkthrough Settings as this will help with Walkthrough management and also, improve the efficiency at which Customers can create steps. The Global Walkthrough Settings allows the Customer to create CSS Design, or colors or customer functions that get applied to each walkthrough step.
Read more about Walkthroughs.
Articles are useful Simpo Tools for customers to create and build in order to help their end-users find solutions or answers. Articles are typically accessed from the Search Bar. The Article’s Tool can integrate with any of the customers’ current knowledge base, and will automatically connect Simpo to the Knowledge Base. This way the customer doesn’t have to create new articles in Simpo and instead, they can leverage what they are already utilizing.
Read more about Articles.
The Tickets Tool allows Customers the ability to create a Tool that gives their end-users the ability to send messages or questions directly to the Customer for handling. Very similar to the Article Tool, the Tickets Tool is able to integrate directly into the Customer’s already existing support software. For example, if a Customer is using Zendesk, they can integrate their Zendesk with the Tickets tool so that any Simpo end-users who submits a ticket, the ticket will then be sent into the customer’s Zendesk platform for handling.
Read more about Tickets.
The Feedback area on the Simpo Dashboard shows exactly what the customers’ end-users think if a specific Simpo Tool is helpful or not. This information is directly captured when the end-user clicks on “yes” or “no”. If the end-user clicks on “No”, they are prompted with the opportunity to leave direct feedback.
Read more about Feedback.
Shortcuts are a powerful Simpo Tool that automatically takes an end-user through a desired sequence of events. Shortcuts are different than Walkthroughs in that walkthroughs are meant to be interactive tools to educate a user, whereas Shortcuts are meant to help users get exactly where they need to go without having to take any action.
Read more about Shortcuts.
Header Bar Tools
On the Header Bar, visible on the top of every page on the Simpo dashboard, you can find account-wide settings and tools.
Selecting the Analytics button will bring you back to the homepage of your Simpo dashboard where you can view system-wide analytics.
Read more about Analytics.
The Global Segment feature is a powerful tool that allows you to create Segments that you can apply to multiple Simpo Tools, and thus, if you are going to have a similar Segment for multiple Simpo Tools, the Global Segment can help make this scalable.
- Page → The Simpo Tool will only appear on the URL or URL Path that is defined
- Element → This allows you to create a Segment based on specific HTML/CSS elements (# if for IDs, and “.” is for class)
- User → Will only trigger the Tool based on the user details passed into Simpo by the Customer
- Platform → Segment can be defined to only appear on Mobile, Tablet, Web
- Browser → The client can set the Tool to show on IE or Not IE
- No One → Segment setting that will make the Tool show to no one
Read more about Segments.
The configuration page allows you to make global changes to your Simpo account including the Simpo widget, the Search tool, and more.
Read more about the Configuration Page.